Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blogging & Medical News

I just love Non Sequitur. So often it shows reality more real than reality itself. I'm laughing at myself, the blogger who, like the unclothed gentleman in the strip, would resort to a loudspeaker on a streetcorner if I didn't have the Internet.

This morning I went to have not one but two orders for blood-draw, one for my primary, who will see me next week, and one for my nephrologist (the oh so exotic Dr. Rai), whom I will see (I will be looking at her more than she will be looking at me) next week also. And then this afternoon I'm going to see my young student dentist for a deep cleaning and a conference about what plan I would like to pursue for my future dental health. I'm not looking forward to this meeting, since they're going to outline some serious financial plans involving implants and bridges. And I'm just too old to pour a fortune into my mouth. What I'd really like them to do is extract all my remaining teeth and build me full dentures. I could live with that, and I'm sure that wouldn't be nearly as expensive as what they want to do. Oh, these rusty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment