Thursday, August 30, 2012

Memoires & Isaac


Ah, yes, memoires and memories too often can be enlarged either deliberately or unconsciously. And no matter how much we try not to, we tend to inflate those moments and happenings in our lives. Maybe not as large as a whale, but certainly bigger than a minnow. I tried very hard to get my memories and moments right, to preserve them for my own sake as well as for my children and their children. I’ve said before how much I regret that my dad didn’t do the same for me and my siblings. His early life would have been very interesting, and I miss that connection with him. Maybe next time.

Isaac seems to have moved sluggishly north and wasn’t as strong or devastating as the weather people were forecasting. That’s good. Still, that’s a lot of water to deal with from the rain and storm surges, lots of people flooded out again. I still wonder about people who keep building and rebuilding in flood zones along rivers and ocean coastal areas. I guess that’s their business, but when they expect state and federal disaster funds to bail them out, it’s partly my business. I don’t agree with the dispersal of such funds and especially don’t agree with how much of those funds is wasted on incompetent, bureaucratic mismanagement. We’ll see what the totals are in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment